Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Sun Is Finally Shining On Us

What a messed up place the world is. One minute everything is going just fine, except for minor complaints about the weather, boredom, etc. But these things are so minor they don't even matter really, in the scheme of things. Death. Boom. Bites a person in the ass hard. Death. What do you do? How do you cope? People don't think that they know how they could survive once it hits and affects them. But they do. Survive. That's about the only encouragement you really get. Live because time does not stop because of death. It may feel like it and time, lots of time will go by before anyone notices really. It's only been a month and a half since my dad died. And it feels like it just happened in a sense and in another way, it seems like it was such a long time ago. I never believed that my family would be able to cope with something like this. But here we are today... My brother is back home visiting. Everyone's sitting out in the backyard like the big guy would've wanted us to. We're enjoying this gorgeous, breath taking day that he has created for us. I feel safe in the dark. I know he's there watching over our house, over each and everyone of us individually. Once a person dies, only their body dies. But their spirit truly lives on.... It really does. He's everywhere. I can tell he's around because we're all doing well, considering our circumstances. My mom, wow is she ever heart broken, but she's a rock. She's not a victim but a survivor. That's how I continue on being happy and enjoying wonderful days like this; I survive. We finally can see the sun... the beautiful weather... because nothing can stop us.

No comments: