Monday, November 10, 2014

Ohhh Sick Days

 I think I've commented on 'Sick Days' before.. But this Thursday I was the selected parent to hang out with Alina on her 'sick day'. Our daycare provider is very nice but I find that she.. well she gives us a bit of 'tude' when we bring Alina in with a runny nose. I work in pharmacy and the pharmacist assured me that children, depending on the viral infection are mostly contagious 1-4 weeks BEFORE they show signs of sickness. So if Alina showed up with a runny nose, the rest of the kids are hooped because they were all swapping spit 1-4 weeks before that. She's still just a tad contagious when she first starts her cold, but she was mostly contagious weeks before. AKA- she can go to daycare and I don't have to feel so damn guilty about sending her kind of mucous-y. I get it. Sick kids need more tlc. But our Alina is by far, the happiest sick kid that ever lived. She was in great spirits, but  I decided as a courtesy to our daycare provider, to keep her home.
 I can't lie. It's awesome spending extra time with Alina. She is a wonderful kid, full of personality and spunk.

First thing in the morning, in our oneisies during 'sick day'!
 It was also my very first day of building a fire for our house all day long. Our new house is big, with vaulted ceilings and our heating situation isn't like it was. So we have gotten used to heating our home with the fireplace. Sooooo.. it was officially my first day of keeping the house warm with fire. Of course I have pictures to prove it...

This is a picture I took to text Rob to show him how well I was doing, keeping a fire going ALL day long!

 Today really gave me a taste of what it would be like to be a stay at home mom. I love Alina so much. But I will admit, that I don't mind having somewhere to go, somewhere to be needed.. Although, I will admit- that my girl needs me every day too. It was really great to spend some extra time with Alina, but I'm glad she goes to daycare everyday. It gives her variety, it socializes her with kids her own age and it's different from her surroundings.

All in all, we had a good day together. After nine, she was all excited and happy that we weren't leaving the house. We weren't following our usual routine.. It was a mom and Alina day. I will always appreciate those days, even when they don't happen too often. Cherish each one- was my sister's advice that day!


My kid- the genius!

















5 comments:

Amanda said...

She does look like she's having a very happy sick day!

Brianna said...

Such a fun sick day! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with Alina. And what a great fire! Good job!

Kerri Christie said...

Yay for happy sick days!

In a sick (pun intended) sort of way I feel secretly happy when my kids are sick. It means they need me and really want me to be around. And, yes, I know that's probably always the case but it's abundantly clear when they're sick.

And it makes me feel good that I can do something for them and they will let me. Weird right?

Jade Wright said...

Aw sorry about her runny nose – but that’s AWESOME that she is in such good spirits and doesn’t let it effect her!!
Jenson is so sick right now – he’s on a breathing machine and everything!!! :(

On another note...
I just did a post featuring different cover options for my second novel, I’d really love your thoughts and advice on which one is the best to be the front cover of my book! xxxx

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Noor Unnahar said...

She's such a jolly kid. A sick day can let anyone down but she's surely handling it well. I LOVE her onesis x