Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Support For Make A Wish

 My sister in law Erin is an adventurous type. She's always challenging herself in all sorts of creative ways. Lucky for me, she asked if I wanted to join her in the 5K Foam Fest coming in June. Basically you run 5K with foam, mud and fun and exciting obstacles. I was in for sure! I have never participated and thought it would be great for me to get out and do something both exciting and challenging. I contacted some friends and another of mine is joining us as well!

 We came up with a clever name, LunaChicks and we were all registered and set to have some fun come June. I received an email back in February informing me that Make A Wish Foundation was the official event charity partner with the Foam Fest this year. I instantly contacted my team members and they agreed that we should register our team to be able to receive donations from supportive friends and family.

 Make A Wish Foundation Canada's mission is to restore a child's innocence, sense of fun and adventure if only for a day. With medical procedures and permanent hospital stays, the lives of sick children become intensely chaotic, scary and repetitive. Make A Wish can make dreams come true and in donating money to their cause can assist in creating life changing opportunities.

 The goal we set for our team is $300. We figure that is an attainable number for the three of us to raise. I have personally never done anything charitable and I'm excited to be part of something like this. I don't like asking for money but I think this is for a good cause. The beautiful thing about social media is that I don't have to put people on the spot by asking one on one for money. If you wish to donate please do and if not, that's okay too!

 We appreciate any donations and are excited to do our adventurous, foamy and muddy run come June!

 Please visit our LunaChicks Fundraising Page HERE to support the cause!






.

No comments: