Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Kids Corner with "Aludi"

 Looky who is back, with ANOTHER KID under her belt, during her almost 9th month of maternity leave.. It's me, I'm back. There's a lot of catch up to do, but instead I wanted to add another installment of "Alina's Corner" to the blog, with an addition; her brother Rudi who is now going on 3 and a half. I will rename Alina's Corner to "Aludi's Corner".. Clever? Stupid? A possible future name of a great grandchild of mine? "We don't like real names like Joe or Marie so we combined the names Rudi and Alina and think this just has such a special ring to it...." (Yikes!) Okay, Aludi is definitely not going to work. I'll keep it simple; "Kids Corner", since we have 3 little stinkers now and the third guy might want to be added to this 'corner' of conversation and funny little anecdotes one day! 

 The original posts from Alina's Corner can be found by clicking on the links:

Alina's Corner 1  Alina's Corner 2 


 

 In the first "Alina's Corner" I asked her a list of questions that she answered to the best of her ability. She was 4 at the time and is now, six days shy of 8. Rudi isn't quite 4 but I thought it would be fun to compare his answers with her 4 year old answers. Plus, it's so fun to interview kids to see what they think of us, truly? (Or how hard they will try to get out of answering questions they don't care to answer or know the answers to..) I have to add, that I was in my nighty (yes I wear a nighty) and had my stained Lulu Lemon hoodie that I live in on, drinking a pretty chilly coffee, while rushing through these questions, in the morning before school and daycare. Both children were minding their own business; Alina on her game pad and Rudi on the Ipad playing Moose Math. So, each child would both rather I just shut up and leave them to their screens. However, I persevere and get my damn answers!


1/ What is something I always say?

A: Put your stuff away. Or clean up.

R: Spider!

Well Alina got that one right... I am a mom, we nag. What can I say? If I didn't remind them to flush their poop then we are piggies living in our own poop smell.. (Insert shoulder shrugging emoji here.) As for Rudi, he just says random things sometimes. I feel like this is one of those situations because I'm pretty certain I don't just go yelling, "Spider!" all of the time.

 "Mom, what day is it today? "             "Spider!"

"I'm hungry, can I have something to eat?"         "Spider!"

"Where's dad?"       " Spider! "

(You get it.)

2/ What is something that makes you happy?

A: My family. 

R: When Daddy tickles me. I mean, when I kiss Tony.

Nailed it in the family department! Phew, our kids love us and we make them happy. Or at least Tony and Daddy are specifically delivering in the happiness department. 

3/ What makes you sad?

A: Seeing my family hurt.

R: When "Weena" goes away.

Alright, we are still riding on the family wave. I especially loved that Rudi is sad anytime Alina goes away, in general. He does love his sister but even when he yelled at her this morning; "Weena! Go away!" She did and then the little 3 year old overrun with feelings and emotions he can't understand burst into tears because she did what he asked. 

4/  How do I make you laugh?

A: By calling me "monkey butt".

R: Tickle.

This is so cool! In the first Alina's Corner, I ask 4 year old Alina and she says I use funny words. Then I go onto explain that I like to say 'monkey butt' to get her to smile in pictures. Four years later she says the same thing, basically. Again, Rudi is just wanting to get rid of me so he's giving some pretty simple answers at this point and to warn the reader, it gets worse...

5/ What was I like as a child?

A: This is going to be kind of offending, but you were kind of a scarredy cat.

R: Umm, I don't want to do this. I just want to play my game.

She's not wrong! I believe I used to run away from birds. Rudi, well he doesn't care to think about me because he's 3 and has better things to get after.

6 + 7/ How old am I? How tall am I?

A: I forget.. 36? Short.

R: A baby. I don't know.

It's cool, Alina made me a year older plus she was into her game as well. Little buggers. Apparently I'm a baby, which is interesting and maybe that's why he doesn't listen to me...

8/ What is your favourite thing to do?

A: Hmmm.. eat food.

R: I'm so tired... Play!

Eating food answer makes perfect sense because Alina, like most kids is a steady snacker. Rudi says he's tired when he's bored or tired of my relentless questions.

9/  What do I do when you're not around?

A: Play with Tony.

R: I don't know. (His answer to questions 9 through 11..)

Oh, yes for those that don't know; Anthony AKA Tony is our third addition to the family. He's pretty cool and Alina's pretty right; I do play with Tony when they're not around. He is the third child and suffers from being put off to the side to deal with the much louder, needier children first. When I'm home with him, it's his time to shine!

10/ What am I good at?

A: Reading.

Well, she's not wrong. But I'm slightly offended that this is her first thought. How about TAKING CARE OF YOU A-HOLES!? 

11/ What am I bad at?

A: Jumping off of a roof into a pool.

For the record, I did jump off of a floating cabin into a lake with her last summer. I was scared as hell but I wanted to show her I was brave. She instead, walked passed me and jumped in before me... But we have a pool with a little shed beside it and she jumps off of it when her Dad lets her. I think I would probably fall through the little shed and I'm also not big into standing on roofs of sheds to look down into our neighbour's yard while they entertain family...

12/ What do I do for work?

A: Teach kids.

R: At Tony.

Both correct! I usually work in a daycare with children. At Tony is definitely my profession right now, as I'm on maternity leave.

13/ What is my favourite food?

A: Butter chicken.

R: Spaghetti!

Well, I like both of those meals. I have so many favourites, they couldn't really get that one wrong. I'm more of a snacker, appy kind of lover. Charcuterie board type foods are amazing, theater popcorn, Chinese Food, Sushi, ribs, wings, all chips. You get the idea.

I think my mistake was asking the little buggers while they were on screens because they're simply at their worst when there's a screen in front of them. But- it was fun and it was also so nice to get back to blogging. I'm hoping to return regularly before I get back to work in July. I'll update on news of Mr. T in future posts. He's pretty amazing...




.  




No comments: