Friday, April 04, 2014

MHB- Week Nineteen- Compromise

 This week I've come to the conclusion that I can't handle doing five days a week of working out. I may cut back on the cardio work outs and just see how that goes for a little bit. It feels a lot like when you first start out, you don't want to overdo it and discourage yourself. Well I'm feeling dangerously close to wanting to stop and I know I can't do that. So, I'm going to compromise with myself and do three days a week. That way, I won't be setting myself up to feel guilty when I don't end up doing five days of working out. I think its a good solution and I believe that it will help me out.

MONDAY-

 Day 1- Strength and Endurance. I wanted to take some pictures of my progress. My stomach muscles are tightening and my biceps have a nice tone to them. I'm at a place where I'd like to maintain my fitness. I'm not in a position to challenge myself right now because of life in general. I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew, but I think I may have. As long as I don't quit altogether, then I should be okay!

TUESDAY-

Alina playing with her toys and then a picture of her right outside of her daycare.
 Day 2- Rest day! Alina is doing a lot better at daycare. The lady that watches her took some of Rob's advice and it worked like a hot damn. Tuesday was her second good day in a row. Hurray Alina!

WEDNESDAY- 

Day 3- Fight Conditioning. This workout kicked my butt up and down the living room, the entire time. I'm not sure what's happening to me. I'm either losing my drive or I'm just busier than I used to be and my body is not used to all of this action. It was a Baba Day and Alina was quite happy to see her face when she woke up. Baba came with clothes, 'sticky' socks (so she won't slip when she's cruising around) and I had a farm with farm figurines set up for her when she woke. I got the farm from a work friend and Alina was pretty pumped to be greeted with it in the morning!

THURSDAY-

Day 4- Rest Day! Again, I really appreciated being able to sleep an extra little bit. Alina was a happy little squirrel this morning. It's always when I put her in her car seat, or when we arrive at the daycare that she gets this look on her face that something smells bad. She's uneasy going in, but once she's there; she's a happy camper. She's been doing really well and I couldn't be happier! That's a picture of me walking to work and I ended up having to walk home at lunch to put some chicken I left out in the fridge and then I walked back. SO! I walked to work, walked home, walked back to work and once my eight hours on my feet, running around was all done; I walked home again. So.. basically cardio...

FRIDAY- 

Day 5- Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning. It feels like it's been awhile, since I did this workout. It went well. I felt like I had a bit more energy than I did on Wednesday. I've been getting up earlier and Rob has been sleeping in a bit later, so he hasn't been able to take my workout pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality of the photos! The last picture I just took of Alina, drinking her morning milk. She has some pretty sweet bed head..!

 To check out my progress over the weeks; check out the links below: 

MHB- Week 1     MHB-Week 2     MHB-Week 3     MHB-Week 4     MHB-Week 5                                                                                                                                                         
MHB-Week 6     MHB-Week 7     MHB-Week 8     MHB-Week 9     MHB-Week 10    

MHB-Week 11     MHB-Week 12   MHB- Week 13   MHB-Week 14  MHB-Week15

MHB-Week 16     MHB- Week 17   MHB- Week 18



7 comments:

Happy Fit said...

Super strategy Haley! I am only committed to 3 workouts per week myself right now too, and I'm always surprised and delighted to see I'm still getting awesome results. You don't need to kill yourself 5 days a week to be fit - especially when you have a few months of a strong training base under your belt, which you do. I also think the less workouts I do per week, the harder I work at each one, since I know it's limited and I don't have to leave any gas in the tank. Yay Haley!

Anonymous said...

So glad that Alina is adjusting to day care. Scaling your workout days back sounds like a great idea. Doing it intentionally will hopefully motivate you to keep going forward rather than being discouraged because you didn't get it done everyday. It is good to know your limits. Still cheering for you!

Unknown said...

Look at you staying committed even when life is more than crazy! Kudos girly!

Your stomach and abs look AWESOME!Please don't give up! You look amazing for being a mama! I started working out on Tuesday and it is so hard, not gonna lie. I'll be joining you with the updates on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Your abs are looking amazing! You are going to absolutely rock a swimsuit this summer! x

Putri Valentina said...

sooo cute :D

WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Stephanie Leigh said...

Your body looks amaze! I'm super impressed. I also LOVED your journal entries and the story about the spitting. Hilar. Hope you're well!!!