Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Say Wha?! Never Evers

"Never Ever".. you know, the game people play to find dirt out about the other people playing or to share people's dirty laundry for them OR a game you play completely unaware of the truths that will be revealed...
 It's a game young folks usually play. I remember playing it in high school. You would say the thing you've never done and the people playing that did do that thing mentioned, would drink. I was a good girl, (for the most part) so there were a lot of things that I didn't do. It got me thinking. Wouldn't it be neat to reveal some of the never evers to blogland right here, right now?


 Erin at Two Third's Hazel wrote a post the other day that also had me thinking. In it she mentions not having eaten a grilled cheese sandwich as well as never having made one ever before in her life. Say wha!? It inspired me to think up some of my own "Say Wha?! Never Evers."

//1  I've never ever seen any of the "Star Wars" movies. Neither has Rob, so that's probably why we're married. I know a lot of people who would gasp in horror at this little fun fact. I've never been really big into sci fi movies. Oh, but I have seen "Space Balls" many, many times. I bet if I had seen "Star Wars" "Space Balls" would make a whole lot more sense to me.

Apparently I've inserted myself in this movie. My blog.. my weird rules!
 //2  I've never ever been to the movies by myself. But I wouldn't mind doing it! It could be really fun, to just get out on my own and see a movie that I, 100% want to see. No compromise necessary. No sharing of my popcorn or arm rest. Just me, having some 'me time.'



//3   I've never ever had a pedicure before. I did get a gift certificate to have one a couple of years ago. I made an appointment and then had to cancel last minute. I never rescheduled and I have a feeling my certificate has expired. I'm just not that excited to let another human being be that close to my feet. I have no idea how someone would want that kind of a job! Feet are just.. gross. Not to mention- other people's piggly wigglies! Blech.. the hair, the dirt, the .. ugh, don't even get me started...!

Oh come on- you didn't actually think I was going to post a picture of MY feet... (Photo Via)
 //4  I've never ever had a passport and therefore have never ever been anywhere outside of Canada and the United States. (I've been to Louisiana and a few of the surrounding southern states on a road trip and that was over ten years ago.) This is the moment where everyone collectively feels bad for me. It's okay if you want to open up a "Haley Needs To Travel" fund.. I won't mind.

Me- super stoked to be flying OUT of North America one day...!
 //5   I've never ever been on a subway or train before. I've seen trains but I've only seen subways on t.v. shows or movies. Talk about a Country Mouse!


 I only named a few because it was getting more and more difficult to come up with good pictures to go along with each "Say Wha?! Never Ever"... Mine were pretty tame. What can I say? I've seen a lot of movies and I've eaten a lot of food. I met a girl that had never seen "The Wizard of Oz." I couldn't believe it!! How is that even possible. Unfortunately I don't have any of those wow factors to share today. I'll try to keep track of some good ones when they come up and maybe I'll have a Part II to this post.

 So spill; give me at least one "Say Wha?! Never Evers" ... 
Oh come on, don't be shy and tell me!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Never seen Star Wars?? Hmmm...I really don't like sci fi either, but I like Star Wars because I like the people, in the old ones. The people in the new ones aren't nearly as likeable.
I'm trying to think of a "never ever" thing that's weird or unbelievable...okay...I've never drank an entire alcoholic beverage. Angel bought me a lime margarita for my first drink when I was 21, I took one sip and couldn't stand the taste so I gave it to him. Since then I've also tasted a strawberry daiquiri and also didn't like it so I don't plan to taste anymore. My little sister, wanted to taste some rum that my uncle had in order to research this drink that Captain Jack Sparrow was so fond of, so she did, but I refused to join her research project.