Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunshiny Days

 Another weekend over and done with; I can hardly believe it. Every moment on the weekends is so appreciated and precious that I have been snapping pictures every chance I get. It makes for an easy recap post on Mondays...

Friday-

 I packed up Alina's supper, we all piled into the Westy and hit up the beach to eat our dinner, while we watched the sun set. (Although we were all too busy eating to watch..!) Alina had a ball. We tossed her into the back to play on the pull out bed. I can't get over how happy this kid is in her camper van. We changed her into her pj's and we had a bottle of milk ready for her. She laid down and drank her bedtime bottle at the beach. We took her home and she slept like.. well, a baby.. We had a nice fire in the backyard and had a couple of beers. It was relaxing and a great way to start the weekend.


Saturday-

 Oh what a lazy day. We woke up early and hit up a few garage sales. For lunch, Rob and I tracked down our favourite food truck "Extreme Eatz" and had the best burgers we've ever eaten. When we got home I was pooped. For the first time ever, (Rob gave me some pointers) I curled up on the couch with Alina and we both napped for a little while. The weather has been amazing all week and this weekend was certainly no exception. Alina enjoyed some fun outside and then later on, I went to a friend's for a couple of glasses of wine. Rob and I ended our evening with the final episode of The Walking Dead Season Four. Oh. My. God! This show is so insane. I can't wait for another break, I want more zombie drama now!


Sunday-

 Sunday was low key. We hit up a big 'mom swap' garage sale in the neighbouring town. When we got home, I busied myself in the kitchen prepping future meals for the week. Once I finished, we went outside to enjoy some sunshine. We bought Alina a water table for one of her birthday gifts and decided to put it together sans water. We filled it with her toys and she had a total blast.


 I love weekends and I'm looking forward to this week being a short one! We both get Friday off for Good Friday, so no daycare for Alina that day either. It will be Thursday before we all know it and then.. another glorious weekend with the family! 

What did you do this weekend!? 
What was one thing you wish you had done?!
(My answer; gone dancing with the girls on Saturday night. I think that will always be my answer. It's been yeeeeeears since I've done that!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh omg dinner as the sunset on the beach. I want to be there NOW!

I love that you are a Walking Dead fan! I don't think I knew that about you! My brother just moved to Atlanta Georgia which is where the episodes are filmed so after a quick google maps search I realized his house is exactly 40 minutes from places they filmed. We are planning a weekend trip to go see all things Walking Dead!!!

What do I wish I had done this weekend? Definitely wish I had slept in. I woke up early both mornings but I did have a solid nap yesterday.

I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

This sounds like an amazing weekend with your little family!! :) I think it's so cute that you guys just pack up in the Westy and go to the beach...that sounds really fun! Brian really likes The Walking Dead but I just couldn't get into it for some reason!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a good weekend :) Is it possible that Alina just keeps getting cuter and cuter?! x

Rachel said...

Aww, that dinner by the beach sounds awesome!!