Friday, June 13, 2014

MHB- Week 26- High On Life!

 The week started out ordinary. But by Monday evening we were packing our lives up again, this time for ten days. Tuesday after work, we had fully moved to the beach resort again. Hey- I don't mind one bit. Living by the beach will cheer up the saddest soul. Plus, working out near the beach is always a really great way to start off the day. By the end of this week, I am in great spirits, ready to tackle the day!

MONDAY-

 Day 1- Fight Conditioning.  Again, it kicked my butt and I was pooped out afterwards. It basically did the trick! I snapped some shots of how tuckered I looked and my ridiculous hair do afterwards.

TUESDAY-
 Day 2- A pre work jaunt. I had to walk Alina to daycare because we were moving into our beach condo that evening. Our Jeep was loaded and had no room for little Miss Alina Bo Bina. The hill going to Alina's daycare is treacherous while pushing a stroller. Nah, it wasn't too bad. But it was definitely a mini work out. Luckily I did walk her because I didn't end up doing RushFit on Wednesday morning as planned.


FRIDAY-

Day 3- A jog! All week I've been driving to work and I mapped out a route for me to jog along my drive. I ran straight up a steep hill to the main beach resort area and then I jogged the long, tree surrounded road out of the resort. Where I'm staying it's called Resort Drive because there are about six, posh resorts all along the roadway. I jogged along the outskirts of all of the resorts and back. I couldn't believe that I didn't stop once! I NEVER do non stop jogging because it usually feels like torture. But get this... I enjoyed it!! What?! That's right, the sun was shining and I loved every minute of being outside early in the morning. I even went down to the beach after my run and had a relaxing walk, looking out onto the Straight of Georgia. It was the best way to start a Friday and end a week at work. I think today will have to be a good day. There, I said it.

 So Happy Friday to everybody today! Have I ever mentioned that I love Fridays!? Oh yeah, that's right, I have.. every Friday! The single best thing about being back to work full time is the fact that I can get excited about Fridays again. I had a discussion with my boss at work about how I love Fridays the most out of the week and he argued that Saturdays are the best obviously. I decided that I like Fridays even though it's a work day and I still have to get up early, work out and go to work because I know that I have two whole days off ahead of me. That's probably why I love Christmas Even more than Christmas Day for the same reason; the anticipation of the fun to come!

I mean really- what a great way to start the day; a jog under my belt, straightened hair, JEANS day, a cup of coffee, sitting at the table viewing the beach in the sun writing a blog post!
 I'm proud to say that Rob asked me late last night if I was going to post a song on my blog today. I hadn't really thought about, but agreed to if he had a good song in mind. He did. I just listened to it and it is exactly how I'm feeling this morning. I'm jacked up on endorphins, caffeine and Friday spirits! (Not the kind of spirits I usually end my Friday with, of course..) I hope to link up with Yoga Pants to a song that is by a band that is super catchy and fun to listen to; "San Francisco" by the Mowgli's!

San Francisco by The Mowgli's on Grooveshark




3 comments:

Brianna said...

What a great week! So glad your Friday is fabulous so far and I hope it stays that way through your weekend! Cheers!

Brianna
xobriannaleigh.com

Alex @ she's his co-pilot said...

Look at you still working out! That's awesome!

The beach resort sounds awesome too!

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Hope you had a great weekend! Your time at the beach makes me think of all the beautiful beaches on Vancouver Island...I especially love Long Beach & we used to camp in Parksville (Rathstrevor, I think?) all the time. <3<3<3 BC :) Great happy song too!!