Friday, June 27, 2014

MHB- Week 28- Get It Done

 Although I wasn't rewarded after each workout, with a walk on the beach, I still had a great week. I didn't start my working out until Wednesday because we had so much going on on Monday and Tuesday with moving back into our house. But in the end, I got my three days done!

WEDNESDAY-


We didn't have our shower curtain up because the walls needed another coat of paint. I had to have a bath after my hill sprints. It was different to bath in the morning but oh so relaxing..!
 Day 1- Hill Sprints. My good friend Lisa from Happy Fit Fitness was kind enough to offer me some of her professional advice when it came to a new cardio routine. I was sick of going to the fire hall's dingy gym to jog on the treadmill for my cardio. She suggested that I try out hill sprints. It's exactly as it sounds. I jogged to the baseball fields right by my house. Once there I started sprinting up the hill, walking around for a moment and then jogging back down to continue my sprints again. She suggested I start with five and move up to ten. But I did ten because I think my hills were a wee bit shorter than she imagined. I did my sprints then I used some of the playground equipment to do some squats and little jump kicks. Then I jogged home and it felt great. Wednesday evening, my legs were definitely feeling it! Lisa suggested I do this once a week.

THURSDAY-

 Day 2- Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning. The hill sprints left me pretty sore on Thursday morning so I committed to three rounds of this workout. Three rounds were enough for me and I felt great afterwards!

FRIDAY-

Day 3- Last Minute Workout Circuit. I decided last minute that I didn't want to get up and workout this morning. However, the guilt won over and I hurried into the living room with the idea to at least do some exercises that would make me sweat.

Push-Ups - 10 reps. (I did 3 'girl' push-ups and 2 regular.)

Sit-Ups- 10 reps.

Air Squats- 10 reps.

Lunges- 20 reps.

Bicycle- 20 reps.

Repeat 5 times. This actually kicked my butt because I did the circuit five times in a row without any breaks. I'm glad I ended up getting up and committing to some kind of exercise.

Happy Friday- I'm a huge fan of this day. I'm totally looking forward to having our first weekend at our house. I'm also getting my hair done on Saturday and for some reason this is always exciting to me!

 Linking up with Yoga Pants this Friday with a song I'm sure we've all heard. It's just one that I've been digging lately and I think I played it everyday last week on my commute to work. I leave you with "Brave" by Sara Bareilles!

Brave by Sara Bareilles on Grooveshark








4 comments:

Nicole Clarke said...

I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with hills. Running hills, I guess I should specify... they are horrible and painful and the most brutal form of hell, but they always make me feel so "Rocky."

Kallie @ But First, Coffee said...

You're working out routine is great, I'm so lazy with exercising. I really need to get better. haha
Kallie - But First, Coffee

Lisa-Jade said...

The underwater bath pic kills me! Lol!

You're doing so amazing! And it shows!!

Keep it up!

Jade Wright said...

Back to normality! Hope you're house is all fixed up and you can finally unpack your things properly.

Haley! Hold up! Check out how flat your tummy is!?!? Well done!! You're looking AMAZING!!!

I'm seriously inspired to workout after your guilt trip exercise session - I am going to do some push ups, situps, air squats, lunges and bicycle after work. DONE. And probably go for a run too - go big or go home :)

Oooo you got your hair done?? Looking forward to seeing it :)

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com