Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Someday

 Today was one of those days I haven't had in awhile.. I knew it was "Write A Post" day but I hadn't gotten around to writing it. I didn't have any ideas and Alina was fussing a whole hour earlier than usual. Normally she plays for a good hour on her own and that's my chance to finish what I started writing. Today, today I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about UNTIL the Gods opened a big, fluffy cloud and a sunbeam shot rays of sunshine onto my computer. . . Two of my fellow bloggers; Helene and Erin posted the same link-up. Yes! A link-up! No creative thinking on my part?  Yes please!
 Tay from The Daily Tay is hosting a link-up called, "Someday I Will..." and I thank her profusely for saving my brain on a day that it needed saving!

Someday I Will . . .
 .. learn how to drive a standard. That's right! I will try getting behind the wheel of any vehicle that requires using a stick shift. I will NOT get discouraged and angry at Rob because he will be patient, kind and a good teacher this time around.

Someday I Will . . .
  .. be a better than just average musician. I have a guitar that Rob bought for my 27th birthday. I know how to play three or four songs, sort of well. My problem is that I get really excited about something and I have the best of intentions to keep up with it. Then life happens and I just don't have the patience and desire to sit down and try to figure out a new song. Plus, I like to sing along to the songs that I play, so learning to sing the song well and play the song well creates quite a challenge for me. Not to mention that my husband is a ridiculously amazing musician and singer. He is beyond humble about it. So much that I want to scream from the rooftops for people to come and hear him play when he is on a roll, singing up a storm around the campfire. I deserve to be able to brag about this. I'm being serious, he's that good. So it's intimidating trying to learn new songs with him around.. I'm super paranoid that I sound like crap. So I hope to be able to play better than I have been.. one day.

Rob playing the acoustic bass, Me on my birthday in pj's and Us years ago; Rob is teaching me how to play.

 Someday I Will . . .
  .. have a career to proudly brag about. If I had to have a regret in life it would be that I didn't go to secondary school. I wasn't driven enough in high school to get there. I wasn't educated enough to know how to even begin looking into college. (That was all on me though. I'm not blaming anyone for that.) If I could go back and go to school I would, as long as I still got to meet Rob somehow. My step dad passed away in March, my mom and I moved to get away in July. Rob moved in July and we met in September. So, if I was in school I wouldn't have met Rob.. I know that things happen for a reason. But it would be so nice to have a career to go to once my maternity leave is over. I'd like to work with children, but I'm still not really sure what I would go to school for.

Someday I Will . . .
  .. write another children's story. I will submit it to somewhere, once I figure out where.. and  I hope to high heavens that people like it! I pray that it is just so fantastic that "they" want me to write more! Then I won't have to go back to school and I can just stay home and write. Oh, wouldn't that be a dream? I would start with children's stories because they are shorter and once that built up my confidence I would definitely begin that novel I have always dreamed of writing... Someday, someway.. it will happen. It just has to!

My children's story that was published. It gave me the 'writing itch' again!
Someday I Will . . .
 .. go somewhere gorgeous and tropical and NOT in Canada or the USA! I have never been anywhere else besides Canada; Alberta, B.C and Ontario. USA; Louisiana, Florida, (drove through some states on our way to Florida from Louisiana, but that doesn't count!) It's sad and pathetic that I am 28 and I still haven't been on a real holiday. Anytime that we go anywhere is to either Alberta where I grew up. Or, to Thunder Bay, Ontario to visit Rob's family. Those are not holidays by any means. We're going to Thunder Bay for Christmas so that Alina can meet all of her relatives but after that, I wouldn't mind not having to go back for a long, long time. Anywhere gorgeous and tropical will do. I feel so deprived and must, must, must make time to get away, truly get away.


1. In Alberta on my way home. Taking a picture in front of Pocahontas Mountain.
2. At Rob's parent's camp outside of Thunder Bay. A beautiful place to be.
3. A typical scene you'd see in anywhere besides B.C. - beers, ice and snow. Our typical "holiday".
4. Outdoor skating just a block up from Rob's parent's house. A true Canadian Christmas!
5. Rob with a pike he caught fishing at the lake by his camp in good ol' T.Bay

 See!! That is the extent of our "holiday pictures". Rob and I seriously have to go somewhere together. It will be the best holiday we've never had!

Someday I Will . . .
  ..  visit my sister on her side of the country. The East Coast of Canada is always a place I hoped to visit. Now that my sister lives there with her family I am sure we'll end up seeing her coastline. I hear that the people are really friendly over there and that music, fun and beautiful sights are to be enjoyed.

My sister and I with our girls, two pictures of the East Coast that I found off of Facebook. Thank you Facebook Friends.


  Someday I Will . . .
  .. learn to keep my mouth shut! I get together with some girlfriends and I can't seem to keep the very thing I didn't want to mention from coming out of my mouth. It's ridiculous. I just get excited and spill. I don't tell other people's secrets, just mine. One day I'll have better self control.



  I would love to add more to the list, but I have some flu shots to get this afternoon. Lucky, lucky! Tis the season to get the flu and not if I can help it!


 

The Daily Tay


 


8 comments:

Kristen said...

I don't know how to keep my mouth shut either! Especially after that first glass of wine! :)

Helene in Between said...

i have no idea how to keep my mouth shut!! but i do know how to drive a standard! I can teach you!

Amanda said...

I can't drive a standard either! only automatic. I'm terrified of it for some reason. I've had my driver's license since 16 so I feel comfortable driving in any situation- as long as I don't have to worry about switching gears! One day you can come to England :) xx

Rachel said...

I've always wanted to learn to drive stick shift too. And that is awesome that you've written a children's book! I have no idea when to shut my mouth. If you discover the trick, please share!
-Rachel @ With Love, Rachel

Deidre said...

Like anything a stick shift just takes a little practice, you'll totally be able to do it! :)

Areeba said...

Driving, boom I want to be able to drive at least at 150 + someday. Right now I surely can't handle a penalty , haha.
I believe you'll be a great musician , if not , you're already a great musician's wife . Win win!
Visit Paris , the city of love will be better. Or Karachi so I can wait you on ice cream ♡

Noor Unnahar said...

Bummer, the above one comment is mine . I totally forgot to switch off Areeba's blogger acc . Hope you two don't kill me !

Susannah said...

These are some great goals/dreams!!!! :-)