Thursday, February 20, 2014

Porcelain Bowl Of Chocolate

 This is my fifth time participating in the "Boys Behind The Blog" link up with Mal and Stephanie. Five questions are posted on the girls' blogs on the first Thursday of the month and on the third Thursday, you answer the questions and link-up. Ask any male in your life the questions- your brother, husband, dad, son, etc. It's a fun link up to participate in because you can take a look around at other blogger's men and see how weird yours turns out to be!

This month I am featuring my go to man; Rob, my husband. I have featured him on The Boys Behind the Blog twice before; "Eeeeeediot!" and "He Bites". I jot down Rob's answers in a notepad with zero filter because that's what I'm all about here at Truth Be Told. I add in my own commentary because, well I can't not have an opinion, that would just be crazy.

//1. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
Rob: I would stay in Canada and I would probably live along the water in Victoria. You know the drive we always take all along the water?
Me: So we would be the first killed by a Tsunami?
Rob: Yep.

 Well, I was a bit shocked that the one place he would love to live out of anywhere in the entire world is a fairly short drive away. At least he may be able to live this dream one day!

I took that Tsunami Warning picture when I first moved here. Scared the crap out of me. Don't believe me, go watch the movie based on a true events; "The Impossible" and tell me how you feel about tsunamis after that..!!!

//2. Sand or Snow?
Rob: Sand.
Me: That's it?
Rob: I'm not saying anything more about sand...

Touche' I suppose. We do live in a place where the beach is just a short drive.. and we both moved from provinces that have tons of snow in the winter time!

Rob circa 2007.


//3. What Winter Olympic sport would you rock at?
Rob: The two man luge.
Me: Really!?!
Rob: No.
Me: Figure skating!!
Rob: No.
Rob: Cross Country skiing because they all get to have naps at the end.




//4  You're cooking a romantic dinner, what is your go-to-dinner?
Rob: Chili- because it's the only thing I'm good at making.
I burst out laughing.
Me: That's not very romantic! Oh yeah, we'll get into bed later and we'll just be farting!

 Yes ladies, that's right. Rob is aaaaaaall mine. I get chili whenever I want...

//5  Fill in the blank: this year I will give Haley ___________ for Valentine's Day.

 I interviewed Rob before Valentine's Day, so I'll just have to answer this one. For Valentine's Day Rob had a flu. So he came home from school early to throw up and sleep the rest of the day away. It was almost as romantic as the chili... Alina and I went downtown for a walk in the sun, to buy Rob some of his favourite items for a gift basket, for Valentine's Day. He devoured the chocolate a few hours later and then a few hours after that he threw it all up again. He did say that the chocolate made him feel better for awhile and he also noted that it tasted just as good coming up as it did going down. Yup, aaaaaall mine ladies! At least I could give him good tasting throw up for Valentine's Day. Remember when I said I wasn't very romantic?   I however, treated myself to a bottle of red wine, a very tasty cheese called Balderson Cheese Aged 5, 2 or 1. I chose aged 1 because it was the cheapest and it was still delicious. I watched two chick flicks and I also ate chinese food for dinner. It ended up being a nice evening all to myself!


 Well even though my Valentine's Day dinner would be chili and I bought my own present this year- I am grateful that I didn't spend my love day in a porcelain bowl, enjoying my chocolate throw up. I know, I have a way with words...


Boys Behind The Blog
















11 comments:

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Haha!! I love the description of Valentine's Day! It actually sounds not too bad though, and you definitely got the better end of the deal! :) Brian answered his first question the same way...if he could live anywhere, he'd "basically" live where we live now, but a bigger house! haha...at least they are mostly content!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Hahahah #4!!!! Stopping by from the BlogHop! =)

Amanda said...

I read this aloud to Sam and he said- and I quote- "that's amazing." Yep. Sam thinks Rob had the perfect answers. And you had his ideal Valentine's Day (barring the being sick part.) But seriously, you and Rob and perfect for each other. Perfect! x

Brianna said...

Oh you two are just PRECIOUS! Aaanndddd, absolutely perfect for each other...haha! Chili is super romantic as y'all spend the night farting in bed...HILARIOUS! And oh so honest - thank you for putting a smile on my face!

Alex[andra] said...

Chili and yummy tasting barf. What more could you ask for in a man? Haha.

I'm sad I missed out on this round! I wonder if it would be lame to do it tomorrow...

We could definitely all go for more sand!

Rachel said...

I ran away from the tsunami portrayed in "The Impossible"...needless to say that when I watched the movie I cried from the moment I saw the wave again till the moment it was over...that movie did an awesome job of capturing the feelings from that day. And yet, if I could live anywhere in the world, I'd go right back to where I was living when the tsunami came...except maybe not quite so close to the beach...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha It tastes just as good coming back up. I'll have to take his word for that. Such that he was sick for love day but I am glad you got to enjoy it somewhat anyways.

annies home said...

well if its the only thing you know how to make lol then I guess it would be romantic just having him cook it. I often wonder what our sons would cook their dates

come see our answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Tsunami zone?! OMG I have never even thought about that. We don't have anything but hurricanes where I live. Geez that's scary. Poor Rob- puking up chocolate probably sounds less than desirable. I'm glad you and Alina had a good vday though :) and i love Soup as my nickname! :)

Areeba said...

I am really afraid of tsunamis and I can't even imagine to live in a place where tsunami would say hello to you before anyone else! And at least he can cook one thing!

sarah said...

My favorite line: "he also noted that it tasted just as good coming up as it did going down."


GRRROOOOOOSSSSSSSS! but awesome!